Prior to undergoing any oral surgical procedure or dental implant placement at Widner Elite Oral Surgery & Dental Implants, it is important to be well-prepared and informed. Following these pre-operative instructions will help ensure a successful and smooth experience with Dr. Steven Widner.
- First and foremost, it is crucial to adhere to any fasting requirements outlined by our oral surgeon. This typically involves abstaining from eating or drinking anything for a certain number of hours before the procedure. This precaution minimizes the risk of complications during anesthesia.
- You may also be prescribed antibiotics or other medications before the surgery. Make sure to carefully follow the dosage instructions provided and complete the full course to prevent any potential infections.
- Remember to brush your teeth and floss thoroughly before the surgery, paying extra attention to the surgical area. This helps create a clean and healthy environment for the procedure.
- Additionally, avoid smoking and consuming alcoholic beverages for at least 24 hours before the surgery. These substances can actually cause risks or complications to the procedure and can prevent faster healing.
- Lastly, make sure that you have someone to drive you to and from Widner Elite Oral Surgery & Dental Implants, and to look after you for a number of hours afterward, depending on the type of surgery and anesthesia that you have taken. It is important to have someone support you during the recovery period.
By diligently following these pre-operative instructions, you contribute to a positive outcome for your oral surgery or dental implant procedure in Austin, Texas. If you have any further questions or concerns, give us a call at 512.452.3223 today.